The Management Board of Grupa Kęty S.A. (hereinafter referred to as the “Company” or the “Issuer”) informs that on 5 June 2019, it made a decision on the completion of reviewing the strategic options (hereinafter referred to as the “Process”), on which the Company informed in the current report No. 2/2019 of 23 January 2019.
Within the Process, the Company Management Board made an analysis of the potential scenarios of the Issuer’s Capital Group further development, and specifically:
- assessed the particular operating segments and their development perspectives, considering the current market and legal conditions;
- analysed the financial standing of the Capital Group segments with regard to their importance for long-term development of the Group, and specifically assessment of divestment processes or other ownership structure transactions;
- analysed the potential objectives as regards tangible and/or capital investments, taking into account the possibility of:
- extending the current product range at the Aluminium Systems Segment and new markets entrance in that area,
- adding new competencies to the Extruded Products Segment,
- strengthening of position on the European market of polypropylene films by the Flexible Packaging Segment;
- assessed the financial standing of the Issuer’s Capital Group in consideration of the current dividend policy.
As a result of the Process, the Company Management Board made a decision on continuing the Issuer’s Capital Group expansion based on the possessed assets.
In the opinion of the Management Board, the decision made with regard to the further development will enable the Grupa Kęty S.A. Capital Group to maintain the leader’s status on the domestic market of aluminium processing and flexible packaging production, as well as to consolidate its position on the foreign markets. At the same time, the selected development direction will contribute to maintaining the safe financial standing of the Issuer’s Capital Group and will not affect the current dividend policy, which, in consequence, should be the best long-term security for the interest of the Company shareholders.
The results and conclusions of the completed Process will also serve the Management Board to prepare the Issuer’s Capital Group Development Strategy for the Years 2020–2025, which will be disclosed in public in the first quarter of 2020.